Peyronie’s Disease Treatment in Vadodara
What is Peyronie’s Disease?
Erectile dysfunction is a common complication of Peyronie’s disease that causes the majority of concern in most men affected by it. The curvature of the penis obstructs sexual activities and makes them difficult to perform, resulting in stress, discomfort, and anxiety. For Peyronies Disease treatment in Vadodara call now at 72279 82345
Without treatment, the disease does not go away on its own and may even worsen symptoms. As a result, it is preferable to seek treatment as soon as you notice its signs and symptoms.
Peyronie’s disease symptoms
Symptoms that progress may include:
- A small, localized ache or discomfort is felt in the penis.
- A lump forms at the site of the ache (the lump may be painless).
- Erections can become painful or uncomfortable.
Peyronie’s disease causes
- Penis injury, such as severely bending the erect penis enough to rupture the membrane that covers the blood vessels
- Family history (which suggests there may be a genetic factor)
- Inherited collagen mutations in the genes that control the growth of fibrous connective tissue proteins (collagen)
- Infection of the genital organs
- An autoimmune response that results in the formation of plaques
- Certain medications, such as blood pressure medications (beta-blockers), interferon, and anti-seizure medications
Peyronie’s disease diagnosis
- Medical and sexual history
- Physical examination
- An ultrasound scan of the penis is performed.
Treatment options for Peyronie’s disease include:
- When used in the early stages of this condition, penile traction therapy: a device worn for 30 minutes to several hours a day that can improve curvature and correct deformity – can improve curvature and correct deformity.
- Injectable medications: There is only one FDA-approved medication for Peyronie’s disease treatment, Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum), which is administered in a series of injections over several months. Collagenase breaks down scar tissue, which aids in pain relief and curvature reduction.
- Surgery is the “gold standard” of Peyronie’s treatment, with a variety of procedures available. However, which procedure(s) is/are preferred depends on the individual person’s situation.
- Watchful waiting – your doctor may advise you to use a wait-and-see approach to help determine which treatment option will be most effective for your specific symptoms and condition, especially if you are in the later stages of this condition.
For more information on Peyronies Disease treatment in Vadodara book your appointment or call now at 72279 82345.
Sankalp Hospital offers the treatment at the best price.