Best Laparoscopic Surgeon in Vadodara
What is the procedure for laparoscopic surgery?
If a problem needs to be fixed, other instruments can be used. These tools are often placed into the abdomen via further small incisions. They may occasionally be introduced via the same incision as for the laparoscope. This is referred to as “single-site” laparoscopy.
What problems can laparoscopy be used to diagnose and treat?
- Ovarian cyst—On the ovaries, some women develop cysts. Cysts often disappear on their own. However, if they do not, your gynecologist may recommend that they be removed by laparoscopy.
- Ectopic pregnancy—To remove an ectopic pregnancy, a laparoscopy may be performed.
- Endometriosis—If you have signs and symptoms of endometriosis and medications have not helped, a laparoscopy may be recommended. If endometriosis tissue is found, it often can be removed during the same procedure.
- Laparoscopic surgery may be performed to address urine incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse (POP).
- Fibroids—Fibroids are growths that occur within or outside the uterine wall. The majority of fibroids are benign (not cancerous), but a very small percentage are malignant (cancer). Fibroids may cause discomfort and excessive bleeding. Laparoscopy is occasionally performed to remove them.
- Cancer—Laparoscopy may be used to eliminate the cancer tissue.
What exactly occurs during a laparoscopy?
The pelvic organs are shown on a screen via the camera linked to the laparoscope. Other minor incisions in the abdomen may be made for surgical equipment. A uterine manipulator is another tool that may be put via the vagina and cervix and into the uterus. This instrument is used to move the pelvic organs into view.
What are the advantages of laparoscopy?
- Laparoscopic surgery causes less discomfort than open abdominal surgery, which requires bigger incisions, longer hospital stays, and longer recovery periods.
- In general, recovery after laparoscopic surgery is quicker than recovery from open abdominal surgery.
- The small incisions utilized help you to recover quicker and with fewer scars. In addition, the risk of infection is reduced than with open surgery.
For more information & consultation on Best Laparoscopic surgeon in Vadodara, visit Sankalp Hospital at Vasna Road or contact us on 72279 82345