What is Abortion?
Abortion also known as MTP (Medical termination of pregnancy) is a medical procedure to end or terminate a pregnancy. Abortion is the removal of a foetus or embryo from the uterus. Two types of abortion methods one is medical abortion and other one is surgical abortion. For Abortion Doctor in Vadodara, Call now at 72279 82345 Or visit Sankalp Hospital at Vasna Raod.
What are the common reasons for choosing an abortion.
- Fetus has any birth defect.
- Don’t want more children.
- Don’t want to be pregnant (Not Ready for motherhood)
- Mother has many health problems where the birth of the child may be risky.
- Pregnancy due to sexual assault.
What are the types of abortion methods?
There are two ways to terminate a pregnancy or get an abortion. They are
If the pregnancy is fewer than 6 weeks, an oral and vaginal tablet is a simple option. The steps are as follows:
- Ultrasound confirmation of pregnancy length and exclusion of tubal pregnancy.
- Blood tests are performed.
- Medication is administered under medical supervision.
- Two dosages of abortion medication are administered 48 hours apart.
- Bleeding usually occurs within 24 to 48 hours after taking the dosage and lasts 5 to 7 days.
- In a few situations, some tissue may be preserved, resulting in an incomplete abortion. This may need suction evacuation.
- Ultrasound should be used to confirm a complete abortion.
What are the Advantages & Benefits of medical abortion
- Pregnancy termination by medication is an effective and safe treatment for early-stage pregnancies.
- Unless it fails, it avoids the need of anesthesia, surgery, or vacuum aspiration.
- It is done in more secrecy and with greater privacy.
- The treatment is painless.
Surgical Abortion Method
- Vacuum Aspiration.
- Evacuation and dilation
- Curettage and dilation
- Suction evacuation.
An ultrasound and blood tests are performed as part of the pre-procedure.
Depending on the length of the pregnancy, medications may be administered to dilate the mouth of the uterus prior to the treatment. Suction evacuation is the procedure, which is performed under local or general anesthetic. A small suction cannula is inserted into the dilated uterine cavity, and products are suctioned out with mild suction. The technique is performed under ultrasound supervision to avoid harm to the uterus and to guarantee thorough extraction of the contents. When pregnancy is more than 12 to 14 weeks, medication is occasionally administered to abort the baby and then evacuation is performed.
What are the Benefits of surgical abortion?
- It has a 99 percent success rate.
- It is permissible to do so for up to 22 weeks. (In the event of assumptions, 14 weeks by free choice, 22 weeks in the case of assumptions).
- Specialists monitor the surgery at all times (performed with ultrasound control).
- In-clinic recovery times: half an hour for minor gestations, up to one hours for more advanced pregnancies.
Abortion legislation in India and consent form
According to the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act in India, 1971, India gives a right to abortion for valid reasons up to 20 weeks of pregnancy. After that, up to 24 weeks if special legal consent is needed. According to the MTP Act of 1971, this procedure may be performed safely and effectively by a medical practitioner with years of experience working in a legal and recognized medical center.
What to expect after an abortion and when should you visit your gynecologist?
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Vaginal bleeding
- Some Patients may experience fever, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
If you experience any of the above symptoms consult your doctor immediately.
Is there any Complications associated with abortion?
Is abortion safe in india and what is the success rate?
Yes. Abortion is a safer method to terminate the pregnancy. Abortion is a less invasive procedure although they are less likely to occur when done early in pregnancy, with a local anesthetic, and with precautions taken to prevent infection following the procedure. The success rate of abortion is 95 to 97%.
For more information & consultation on Abortion Doctor in Vadodara, visit Sankalp Hospital at Vasna Road or contact us on 72279 82345